Future Site Upgrade Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Site Upgrade Coming

Just giving everyone a heads up that there will be a site upgrade coming VERY soon. We are currently running version 4 of the vBulletin software. Received notice that the latest update for this might be the last. They had released version 5 a while back and are in the process of obsoleting versions 3 and 4. Because of this I have been testing the latest revision on a different section of our server. That was I can determine what steps will need to be done without compromising our current site. The will be a few cosmetic changes with the upgrade and hopefully some bug fixes included. As of right now I have the current site duplicated and running VB5. I am going to wait until they release their next patch update before making this move.

This is not as intensive as the initial move from our current site. So I am anticipating it to only take a few hours. Probably do it over a weekend late at nite to not disrupt. I will post an announcement when this will take place.

Thanks,
    Mike
    NWIMAC Webmaster.
    75 Gallon mixed reef, Trigger Systems Ruby 30S, Lifereef SVS3-24 Skimmer, Eheim 1262, 2x AI Vega LED Lights, 2x Jebao RW-8 powerheads

Mike is there anything I can do to help?
    Tankless

Comment

Thanks for the offer John. The upgrade is not nearly as involved as was the transition from the old site to the new. I am anticipating it only taking about two hours. That was the other reason behind having a testing area on our server. I can get everything looking good on that and not have to worry about our site being down for days. Once that is going 100%, I can do the upgrade on the running site and have the test as reference. Will let you know if something changes. Hoping vBulletin releases the next update in a week or two. Heard there are some other enhancements that may be useful.
      75 Gallon mixed reef, Trigger Systems Ruby 30S, Lifereef SVS3-24 Skimmer, Eheim 1262, 2x AI Vega LED Lights, 2x Jebao RW-8 powerheads

Comment

Just downloaded the software update I was waiting for. Will test over the next couple days. If all goes well and I get ambitious, I will be upgrading the site this weekend. I will make an announcement when the upgrade will happen.

Comment

Was able to install the upgrade on the test site over the weekend. This did correct a few issues is was having with the upgrade. Depending on how my week goes and if I have time, I will be updating the site this weekend. Will make an announcement later this week if it does work out. Site should only be down for a few hours.

Comment

Working...
          X